We are pleased to announce that Gatley Carrs has once again been awarded the Green Flag Award for 2020/2021.
Thanks to all of you who have volunteered to help us to achieve this prestigious award, your commitment is valuable to us. We are always looking for extra volunteers to help with maintenance and task days, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you can help us in any way.
The Green Flag Award® scheme recognises and rewards well managed parks and green spaces, setting the benchmark standard for the management of recreational outdoor spaces across the United Kingdom and around the world.
Purpose & aims
- To ensure that everybody has access to quality green and other open spaces, irrespective of where they live.
- To ensure that these spaces are appropriately managed and meet the needs of the communities that they serve.
- To establish standards of good management.
- To promote and share good practice amongst the green space sector.
- To recognise and reward the hard work of managers, staff and volunteers.
To read more please visit the Green Flag Award website