Gatley Carrs Map

News & Events

Minutes from GCCG AGM 19th June 2018

Tuesday, 19 Jun 2018

Minutes from GCCG Meeting June 19th 2018

 

Chairman’s welcome

PO welcomed everyone and opened the meeting

Attendance and Apologies

Attendance: Peter Owen (PO), Sue Pilling (SP), Bettina Taylor, Derek Brennan (DB), Alan Butler (AB), Margaret Brennan, John Pollard (JP), Fran Heron, Angela Bent, Elizabeth Latimer, David Fairlie, Stan Johnson, James Arkwright (JA)

Apologies:, Linda Cullen, Michelle Inwood (MI), Chris Neild (CN)

Minutes from last meeting

Minutes of last meeting from the 20th March were agreed and signed off.

Matters arising

No matters arising from previous minutes.

Treasurer’s report

In the absence of MI, PO read out the treasurer’s report. The overall bank balance was £4251.72. Income was £251 and outgoings were £373. The main expenditure had been the new pond sign at £312.

Bird Report/feeding rota

In the absence of CN, PO read out Chris’ bird report

Membership/subscriptions report

SP - membership numbers were up slightly at 69, those paying by standing order 24.

Hopefully Gatley Festival would offer opportunity to sign up some new members.

Wildlife and Nature report

JP gave his report

FORTHCOMING EVENTS June 24th ‘Balsam Bash’ 10.00am car park

June 26th ‘ Gatley Festival Evening Walk’ 6.30pm car park

July 1st GCCG stall at Gatley Festival. Help needed.

July first week result of Green Flag application expected . Alan and Jim are going to the presentation in Dewsbury on July 16th

July 7th Visit of Marple Naturalists to be shown around the Carrs LNR

Site upkeep/Green Flag inspection/new sign/ thistle bash/ balsam bash

AB reported that everything was under control on the Carrs. The new pond noticeboard had been treated with preservative. The recent thistle bash had been successful. A balsam bash was proposed for the 24th June. We had been given a lot of positive feedback from the recent Green Flag inspection. JA had cleaned up the dog memorial and renewed the concrete base.

PO thanked AB and JA for all their hard work.

Petition update

PO - some replies received so far but hopefully we can concentrate on getting more signatures at Gatley Festival.

Fund raising; Action plan

PO reported that Emma Burrows(EB) sent email to Sheila Bailey to ask if any funding available for disabled path who replied and advised who to contact for this. EB to follow up? – PO to chase.

Monitor needed for fund raising display – maybe Joe from Sign and Display can help.

Events upcoming – Festival walk and stall

Festival walk Tuesday 26th June 6.30pm.

Stall – Gatley Festival – Sunday 1st July – helpers to be there to set up at 12.30 please.

AOB

AB reported car park much better since potholes repaired.

PO reported a two page spread in the festival leaflet promoting the walk on the 26th June.

Next Meeting

Proposed next meeting – September 18th 2018 at 7.30pm

Next Item >